- Â Has every male in America forgotten â€œFatal Attractionâ€?
- Thereâ€™s a fine line between romance and sexual harassment â€“ a line that becomes noticeably brighter once one party in the romance loses interest, drops out, or quits awarding contracts.
- Expense reports are tricky things.Â Before signing, read.Â Actually, follow the academic studies and read The Ten Commandments before filling them out.Â The studies show you will submit far less for reimbursement. Submit far less for reimbursement and you can never be sacked for expense account discrepancies.
- What a country!Â To be fired and walk away with $40 million!
- Everything that ends up being a debacle started with something small.Â A marketing consultant for the company who is invited to dinner with the CEO and others is neither unusual nor improper.Â Yet, things can go south from there as dinners continue at a rapid clip for no good reason. How many dinners?Â Why the dinners? Who else was at the dinners?Â Was anybody else at the dinners?Â Itâ€™s not the first step that is the problem; it is the turn of the road that should give us pause.
- CEOs should not have time to run companies, have families, be married, and still date (others â€“ those to whom they are not married).
- If you must date, do so on your own dime.
- There are bloggers actually finding fault with HPâ€™s board.Â We donâ€™t have enough to put all the pieces together, but the board does.Â Something was terribly wrong here.Â Conduct need not rise to the level of illegality for a board to conclude that bad judgment is bad judgment and bad judgment is not good in a companyâ€™s leader. Â Since when is a board seeking to avoid bad publicity for a company being wimpy? Turmoil around a CEO wreaks havoc on stock prices as well.
- No one is irreplaceable.Â HP will be fine.Â There is depth in the ranks and there has been succession planning.
10.Â I suspect the board looks terrific to employees who were aware of the Hurd issues.Â Trust the Barometer on this one â€“ there are many who were aware and knew and know far more than we.
11.Â Lawyer Gloria Allred calling is akin to having a â€œSixty Minutesâ€ camera crew at your door.Â It is going to be a bad day. Just ask Tiger Woods. Â
12.Â One spokesperson for HP said the questionable expense reports for Mr. Hurd â€œtotaled no more than $20,000.â€Â To some of us, that amount remains a great deal of money.